Good time of day! My name is Khalisat Suleymanova - I am a phytotherapist. When I was 28 years old, I cured myself of uterine cancer with herbs (more about my experience of recovery and why I became a phytotherapist here: My story). Before you can be treated according to the national methods described on the Internet, please consult a specialist and your doctor! It will save you time and money, because the diseases are different, the herbs and the treatment methods are different, and there are still comorbidities, contraindications, complications, and so on. There is nothing to add yet, but if you need help in selecting herbs and methods of treatment, you can find me here by contacts:
What is diabetes?
Nowadays, this disease is considered to be 3 in the list of endocrine system ailments in the world prevalence rating. Its appearance is associated with a malfunction of metabolites. That in consequence leads to disruption of the entire endocrine system.
In addition, over time, the disease adversely affects the blood vessels, eyesight and destroys the nervous system.
- The main factor in the disease is heredity. Therefore, at risk are people whose relatives had previously suffered ailment. They should pay special attention to their diet and take care of nerve cells.
- Stressful situations. During severe stress, the immune system is affected, which may be the first impetus to the development of the disease.
- Failure in the exchange of carbohydrates.
- Disorders of the pancreas.
- Problems with excess weight.
The effect of medical worms on diabetes
This therapy brings real help. But it is prescribed as an auxiliary method in the fight against the disease, since it will not give noticeable results as the main treatment.
Scientists have proven that leech therapy for type 1 and type 2 diabetes reduces glycemia. But the treatment of severe forms of the disease adversely affected the human body.
Parasites affect the active points, improve blood circulation, and have a positive effect on the lymphatic system. They also launch their healing saliva, the substance of which is similar to human insulin.
Ringworm treatment can help prevent and prevent the disease and its complications.
Often patients suffer from diabetic foot syndrome. This method effectively fights this problem. This method of treatment well restores damaged tissue.
Hirudotherapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus, scheme
Before deciding to go for this procedure, you need to find a highly qualified doctor. Do not prescribe therapy yourself. It must be prescribed by the attending physician. This is due to the fact that the therapist knows all the individual characteristics of the patient. He can say for sure if the patient needs leech therapy at all.
Before the session it is not recommended to use flavored hygiene products and smoke.
Hirudotherapy session in diabetes mellitus takes place in the following sequence:
- the skin is smeared with antiseptic,
- blood-suckers are laid out on the biologically active points by hand or with the help of a test tube,
- for 1 session it is recommended to use up to 5 parasites, but in the first procedure one will be enough,
- bloodsucker bites through the skin and begins to drink blood. From the words of patients it is known that the pain is felt at the moment of the bite, which is similar to a mosquito. After that, it disappears. This is due to the secret of parasites, in which there is an anesthetic,
- the session ends after the worm is completely saturated with blood and disappears itself. It is forbidden to remove leeches until this point. If the session needs to be stopped, then the bloodsuckers are moistened with a saline liquid,
- After the procedure, the wound is smeared with an antiseptic and dressings are made using a sterile bandage. Blood can flow from the wound for about two days. At this time, the place of the bite should be lubricated independently, periodically changing the lining.
Places of leeches
There are certain points where to put leeches for diabetes:
- On points in the upper region of the sacrum and tailbone.
- Between the first lumbar and twelfth thoracic vertebra.
- Between the eleventh and twelfth thoracic vertebra.
- In the area of the xiphoid process, dropping a few cm down.
- In the area of the liver.
What effect should be expected?
After therapy, the glucose level in patients becomes lower. Sometimes there are signs of hyperglycemia. Positive results were also recorded in patients with a disease of the first type, arising in connection with obesity. Their weight was declining.
Often focused on the positive effects of well-being and increased activity.
There is a definite answer to the question whether it is possible to put leeches in case of diabetes mellitus - not only possible, but necessary, because therapy has an effect on the kidneys, blood vessels and eyesight. In combination, such indicators provide an opportunity to prevent complications of the disease. Often it is possible to suspend the disease of the vessels in the legs. This makes it possible to save them, getting rid of gangrene at an early stage.
Some patients stopped worrying about flickering before their eyes and blurred vision. Their visual acuity improved, which had a positive effect on treatment.
Contraindications to therapy with worms
Hirudotherapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus is contraindicated in such cases:
- women in position
- with low blood pressure
- with tendencies to allergic reactions and individual intolerance to the components of the parasite secretion,
- in the presence of tumors in the body,
- children under 18 years old
- patients with an integrated pacemaker.
How and where to put leeches
Leeches in diabetes and other diseases should be of average age, that is, young or old worms for this may be ineffective. The weight of one such leech is usually 1-5 g. It is necessary to keep them in a glass, glass jar or other container into which ordinary water is poured, and the temperature of the water should be room temperature.
Before setting leeches for diabetes or another disease, worms must be checked. Each leech, which is used for medical purposes, has a healthy appearance. Usually they are checked by gently pressing on the body with a non-sharp object — the leech must respond to the touch with compression. They must also be fresh, that is, not saturated with blood.
Before starting the procedure, all areas of exposure to the skin are treated with a special agent. To do this, use a cleansing substance without odors, otherwise the leech will not stick to the body. To facilitate the process of luring, sometimes sweet water or syrup is applied to the skin.
If there is hair on the skin, remove them. Hirudotherapy in diabetes is carried out in the field of special biologically active points. It is forbidden to place leeches in points near the visible veins, carotid arteries and other blood vessels. Including they do not put on thick skin and face.
- For convenience and to maintain the activity of leeches placed in separate tubes. Often, a wide medical syringe is used for these purposes, from which the upper part is cut off. The leech is placed inside, after which the syringe or test tube is brought to the skin surface with the open side. Then you should slightly push the plunger to help the worm to suck to the desired point.
- If the leech successfully sucked, it will make noticeable wave-like movements. Making sure of this, they put a piece of clean cotton under the leech.
- It is important that the procedure be carried out only under sterile conditions. Treatment of diabetes with the help of hirudotherapy is carried out in a special ward using sterile disposable gloves.
- One session usually lasts 5-40 minutes, depending on the recommendations of the doctor and the points of the leeches. In the course of a single treatment session, it is allowed to set simultaneously from 1 to 10 worms. Usually start with a minimum amount, on each subsequent procedure, increasing to the recommended.
- After the leech is completely saturated with blood, it will disappear on its own. At the location of the worms will remain minor wounds. The leech that disappears after a session of therapy is placed in a container with salted water.
It must be remembered that in no case can not tear leeches from the skin, it can injure the skin and cause severe bleeding. In order for the worm to retire, if it takes time, its head part is watered with salt water.
You need to be prepared for the fact that the wounds after the procedure will bleed for a period of time due to the activity of hirudin, which is considered normal. For this reason, the patient must always apply a sterile bandage so that the infection does not leak into the wounds.
If necessary, after a certain time an additional bandage is applied, the old one remains on the body. The following hirudotherapy procedure can be performed in five days.
In the treatment of various diseases leeches put only in certain places, while the abdomen, legs and neck are not used for exposure. Otherwise, the area of the bite strongly reddens, itches and swells.
On the first day you do not need to put as many leeches in the hope of getting the best and fast healing effect. Failure to comply with the recommendations of doctors may cause a violation of the outflow of blood in blood vessels, a sharp jump in blood pressure, headaches, feelings of weakness, fainting.
Usually, the treatment regimen starts with 1 leech, which is installed in the coccyx area, on the second day the procedure is strengthened.
To whom hirudotherapy is indicated and contraindicated
Modern medicine uses hirudotherapy for:
- hypertensive heart disease,
- varicose veins,
- diabetes mellitus
- circulatory failure,
- coronary heart disease
- myocardial infarction, stroke,
- rheumatic diseases
- pathologies of the nervous system,
- eye diseases
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
Also, the method of treatment is widely practiced in cosmetology to eliminate cellulite, puffiness, scars, hematomas and for the purpose of rejuvenation. The method is effective in the treatment of eczema, acne, psoriasis, furunculosis, neurodermatitis and other skin diseases. In gynecology, leeches treat colpitis, endometriosis, inflammation of the ovaries.
Before you begin treatment with leeches of diabetes or other diseases, you need to consult with your doctor and make sure there are no contraindications. Despite its high efficacy, therapy is categorically contraindicated in:
- acute period of stroke
- severe anemia,
- persistent hypotension,
- hemorrhagic diathesis,
- individual intolerance,
- acute stage of myocardial infarction,
- malignant neoplasms.
The leech method is not used if the patient has a pacemaker. Also, leeches are not given to children under 12 years of age and to women during menstruation.
In the first place, leeches are a possible way to improve the patient’s general condition and glycemic indicators, but he doesn’t relieve the disease completely, and is therefore not able to completely replace the traditional medical treatment. Hirudotherapy is included in the complex, which also includes the use of glucose-lowering drugs, the introduction of insulin, exercise and a special diet.
In diabetes mellitus type 2 and type 1, leeches have a very positive therapeutic effect. In the place where the worm is installed, the process of local immunity is activated, which causes a decrease in venous stasis. It also improves overall energy processes in all internal organs.
If you install a leech in the place of the energy center, the energy flow is restored. This condition is similar to the effect on the human body acupuncture procedure. That is, leeches in this case act as living needles.
In the course of therapy, the active substances enter the body, the leeches inject useful biologically active components into the blood vessels, which has a beneficial effect on the state of health.
Additionally, with the help of hirudotherapy, metabolic processes are normalized, the work of the excretory glands improves, activating blood circulation. Certain substances are found in the saliva of worms, similar in composition and action to insulin. Therefore, this method of treatment is especially valued by diabetics. Once in the blood, leech saliva reduces blood sugar levels and eases the patient's condition.
Thus, leeches with diabetes:
- Normalize blood pressure
- Activate the immune system
- They have an antithrombotic effect,
- Anesthetized at the site of the bite,
- Reduce cholesterol,
- Restores blood vessels
- Resolves previously formed blood clots,
- Improves the trophic process,
- Weaken the symptoms of vascular encephalopathy.
Often the procedure is prescribed to diabetics as a prophylactic measure in order to avoid the disruption of the work of the blood vessels and to prevent hemorrhage in the eyeball.
After one or two sessions, the patient feels the effect of the treatment, the blood circulation improves, the lower limbs stop numbing and heavy. The method is especially effective in the treatment of diabetic foot, since leeches not only stop the destruction of tissues, but also help the damaged cells to recover, and also weaken severe pain.
In order for the procedure to have the best effect, the leeches should be installed as follows:
- On the pelvic region - the tip of the coccyx and the upper parts of the sacrum,
- In the area of the spine between the 11th and 12th thoracic vertebra, between 1th lumbar and 12th thoracic vertebra,
- In the chest area 4 cm below the xiphoid process of the sternum,
- In the right lower border of the chest, the region of the liver.
Diabetics treatment with leeches is carried out for 7-10 sessions. The procedure is done with an interval of five days. In one session, as a rule, three or four leeches are enough. To maintain a good state of health, the treatment course is repeated every six months. What is hirudotherapy in diabetes - in the video in this article.