The medicine "Tsiprolet 500" refers to antibacterial drugs and is included in the group of fluoroquinolones. It is intended for the treatment of infectious inflammatory pathologies that cause microflora sensitive to the drug. The tool has a high activity and speed.
Therapeutic effect of the medicine "Tsiprolet 500"
The drug interferes with the reproduction of bacterial DNA, thereby violating their division and growth. The medication is especially effective for the treatment of diseases that cause gram-negative bacteria (salmonella, E. coli, Klebsiella, Shigella). The medicine also affects gram-positive microorganisms (streptococci, staphylococci). The tool is used to treat pathologies caused by the influence of intracellular microbes (chlamydia, tuberculous mycobacteria). The drug is also effective for the treatment of infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Ciprolet 500 is produced in the form of tablets with an active ingredient content of 0.5 grams. There are also pills with a smaller volume of this substance (250 mg). Release and solution for infusion. The drug analogues are Siflox, Ciprinol, Ciprofloxacin.
Indications for use
The medicine "Tsiprolet 500" is used to treat infections of the ear, throat, nose, and respiratory tract. Its use in pneumonia provoked by staphylococci, hemophilic bacilli, legionella, Klebsiella, enterobacter has been shown. With the help of the drug, infections of the mucous membranes, bile ducts, digestive system, skin, eyes, soft tissues, genitourinary organs, supporting musculoskeletal system, and small pelvis are treated. Take pills for sepsis, peritonitis, prostatitis, pelvioperitonitis, adnexitis.
Contraindications of the drug "Tsiprolet 500"
It is forbidden to use the medication during pregnancy, children under the age of majority, nursing mothers, with hypersensitivity. They use medicine with caution in cases of circulatory disorders of the brain, renal failure, and liver, mental illness, and epilepsy. It is undesirable to give a remedy to the elderly.
When using the drug, such negative reactions as psychosis, diplopia, hallucinations, tinnitus, a feeling of fatigue, increased intracranial pressure, headache, and insomnia can occur. Digestive organs respond to the use of tablets with diarrhea, flatulence, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pain and nausea. During treatment, hypotension, tachycardia, cholestatic jaundice, joint and muscle pain, anaphylactic shock, urticaria, redness of the skin and itching may develop.
"Tsiprolet 500": instructions for use
Tablets are taken only before meals, washed down with a large volume of liquid. The dose depends on the severity of the pathology, the age of the patient and his body weight. For the treatment of gonorrhea, take 1 tablet of Cyprolet (500 mg). The same volume is used for the treatment of complicated infections of the urinary tract, prostatitis, gynecological abnormalities, osteomyelitis, enterocolitis.
Release form and composition
Ciprolet is available in the following dosage forms:
- Film-coated tablets: biconvex, round, with a smooth surface on both sides, almost white or white, the fracture is almost white or white (10 pcs. In blisters, 1 or 2 blisters in a cardboard bundle),
- Solution for infusion: light yellow, transparent, colorless (100 ml each in bottles of low density polyethylene, 1 bottle in a cardboard box),
- Eye drops: transparent, light yellow or colorless (5 ml each in dropper bottles, 1 bottle in a cardboard bundle).
The composition of 1 tablet includes:
- Active substance: ciprofloxacin - 250 or 500 mg (in the form of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride monohydrate - 291.106 or 582.211 mg, respectively),
- Auxiliary components (250/500 mg, respectively): corn starch - 50.323 / 27.789 mg, microcrystalline cellulose - 7.486 / 5 mg, talc - 5/6 mg, croscarmellose sodium - 10/20 mg, colloidal silicon dioxide - 5/5 mg, magnesium stearate - 3.514 / 4.5 mg,
- Film sheath (250/500 mg, respectively): polysorbate 80 - 0.08 / 0.072 mg, hypromellose (6 cps) - 4.8 / 5 mg, titanium dioxide - 2 / 1.784 mg, sorbic acid - 0.08 / 0.072 mg Macrogol 6000 - 1.36 / 1.216 mg, talc - 1.6 / 1.784 mg, dimethicone - 0.08 / 0.072 mg.
The composition of 100 ml of solution for infusion includes:
- Active substance: ciprofloxacin - 200 mg,
- Auxiliary components: sodium chloride - 900 mg, disodium edetate - 10 mg, lactic acid - 75 mg, citric acid monohydrate - 12 mg, sodium hydroxide - 8 mg, hydrochloric acid - 0.0231 ml, water for injection - up to 100 ml.
The composition of 1 ml of eye drops includes:
- Active substance: ciprofloxacin - 3 mg (in the form of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride - 3.49 mg),
- Auxiliary components: disodium edetate - 0.5 mg, hydrochloric acid - 0.000034 mg, sodium chloride - 9 mg, benzalkonium chloride 50% solution - 0.0002 ml, water for injection - up to 1 ml.
Indications for use
Ciprolet in the form of tablets and an infusion solution is prescribed for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to the action of ciprofloxacin, including:
- Infections of the genitals, respiratory tract, urinary tract and kidneys, ENT organs, bile ducts and gall bladder, skin, soft tissues and mucous membranes, musculoskeletal system, gastrointestinal tract (including teeth, mouth, jaw)
The drug is also used in the treatment and prevention of infections in patients with reduced immunity (during the use of immunosuppressants).
Eye drops Ciprolet is prescribed for infectious and inflammatory diseases of the eye and its appendages caused by bacteria sensitive to the action of the drug, including:
- Blepharitis, blepharoconjunctivitis,
- Conjunctivitis (subacute and acute),
- Bacterial corneal ulcers,
- Chronic dacryocystitis and meibomite,
- Keratoconjunctivitis and bacterial keratitis.
Drops are also indicated for preoperative prophylaxis and treatment of postoperative infectious complications in ophthalmosurgery and for infectious eye complications after ingestion of foreign bodies or injuries (treatment and prevention).
- Viral keratitis (for eye drops),
- Pseudomembranous colitis (for tablets and solution for infusion),
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (for infusion solution),
- Age up to 1 year (for eye drops) or up to 18 years (for tablets and solution for infusion).
Contraindications for all forms of release:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug or other drugs from the group of fluoroquinolones.
With caution, Tsiprolet should be prescribed in all dosage forms to patients with severe atherosclerosis of the cerebral vessels, cerebrovascular accidents and convulsive syndrome.
Inside and intravenously, the drug should be used with caution in elderly patients, as well as in epilepsy, mental illness, severe hepatic and / or renal failure.
Dosage and administration
The dose of Ciprolet is determined by the form of release of the drug, the severity of the disease, the type of infection, the condition of the body, body weight, age and functional state of the kidneys.
Ciprolet in the form of tablets is taken orally, on an empty stomach, with plenty of fluids.
As a rule, the following dosage regimen is prescribed:
- Uncomplicated diseases of the urinary tract and kidneys, diseases of the lower respiratory tract of moderate severity: 2 times a day, 250 mg each, in severe cases of the disease, a single dose may increase by 2 times,
- Gonorrhea: 250-500 mg once,
- Gynecological diseases, enteritis and colitis with severe course and high fever, prostatitis, osteomyelitis: 500 mg 2 times a day (in the treatment of ordinary diarrhea, a single dose can be reduced by 2 times).
The duration of therapy is determined by the severity of the disease, however, Ciprolet should be taken for at least another 2 days after the disappearance of signs of the disease. On average, the duration of the course is 7-10 days.
In case of severe renal impairment, 1 /2 doses of the drug.
In chronic renal failure, the dosage regimen is determined by creatinine clearance:
- More than 50 ml per minute: normal dosage
- 30-50 ml per minute: 1 time in 12 hours, 250-500 mg each,
- 5-29 ml per minute: once every 18 hours, 250-500 mg.
Patients undergoing hemo- or peritoneal dialysis are administered once every 24 hours with 250-500 mg (after dialysis).
Ciprolet in the form of a solution for infusion is administered intravenously dropwise for 30 minutes (200 mg each) and 60 minutes (400 mg each).
The infusion solution is compatible with Ringer's solution, 0.9% sodium chloride solution, 10% fructose solution, 5% and 10% dextrose solution, as well as a solution containing 5% dextrose solution with 0.45% or 0.225% sodium chloride solution.
The average single dose is 200 mg (for severe infections - 400 mg), the frequency of administration - 2 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined by the severity of the disease and averages 7-14 days. If necessary, the drug can be used for a longer time.
In the treatment of acute gonorrhea, a single intravenous administration of 100 mg of the solution is indicated.
For the prevention of postoperative infections, Ciprolet is administered intravenously at 200-400 mg 30-60 minutes before surgery.
Cyprolet in the form of eye drops is applied topically.
In case of moderate to severe and mild infections, every 4 hours, 1-2 drops are instilled into the conjunctival sac of the affected eye, in severe cases, 2 drops every hour. After improvement, the frequency of instillations and the dose are reduced.
In the treatment of bacterial corneal ulcers prescribed:
- 1st day: every 15 minutes, 1 drop for 6 hours, after which every 30 minutes during waking hours, 1 drop,
- 2nd day - every hour during waking hours, 1 drop,
- 3rd-14th day - every 4 hours during wakeful hours, 1 drop.
If after 14 days of treatment epithelization has not occurred, therapy can be continued.
During the use of Ciprolet inside and intravenously, the following side effects may develop:
- Cardiovascular system: cardiac arrhythmias, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure, flushing of the face,
- Urinary system: interstitial nephritis, hematuria, crystalluria (primarily with low diuresis and alkaline urine), glomerulonephritis, polyuria, dysuria, albuminuria, urinary retention, urethral bleeding, decreased kidney excretory function,
- Musculoskeletal system: tendon ruptures, arthralgia, tendovaginitis, arthritis, myalgia,
- Hematopoietic system: thrombocytosis, granulocytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukocytosis, hemolytic anemia,
- Digestive system: anorexia, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, cholestatic jaundice (especially in patients with past liver diseases), hepatonecrosis, hepatitis, increased activity of hepatic transaminases and alkaline phosphatase,
- Nervous system: headache, dizziness, tremor, increased fatigue, insomnia, nightmares, peripheral paralgesia (anomaly in the perception of pain), increased intracranial pressure, sweating, anxiety, depression, confusion, hallucinations, and other manifestations of psychotic reactions (occasionally they can progress to conditions in which the patient is capable of harming himself), fainting, migraine, cerebral artery thrombosis,
- Sensory organs: hearing loss, tinnitus, impaired smell and taste, visual impairment (diplopia, change in color perception),
- Laboratory indicators: hypercreatininemia, hypoprothrombinemia, hyperglycemia, hyperbilirubinemia,
- Allergic reactions: the appearance of scab-forming small nodules and blisters accompanied by bleeding, skin itching, drug fever, urticaria, spot hemorrhages (petechiae), vasculitis, laryngeal or facial edema, eosinophilia, shortness of breath, increased photosensitivity, erythema nodosum, toxic exudative epidermal necrolysis (Lyell's syndrome), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (malignant exudative erythema),
- Other: general weakness, superinfection (candidiasis, pseudomembranous colitis).
With intravenous administration, local reactions may occur, manifested by pain and burning at the injection site, the development of phlebitis.
When using Ciprolet in the form of eye drops, the following disorders may develop:
- Organ of vision: burning, itching, hyperemia and mild tenderness of the conjunctiva, rarely photophobia, swelling of the eyelids, lacrimation, foreign body sensation in the eyes, decreased visual acuity, the appearance of white crystalline precipitate in patients with corneal ulcer, keratopathy, keratitis, corneal infiltration,
- Other: nausea, allergic reactions, rarely - the development of superinfection, an unpleasant aftertaste in the mouth immediately after instillation.
Patients with epilepsy, a history of seizures, vascular diseases and organic brain damage due to the threat of adverse reactions from the central nervous system should be prescribed Ciprolet inside for health reasons only.
If during or after the use of the drug, long-term or severe diarrhea occurs inside or intravenously, it is necessary to exclude the presence of pseudomembranous colitis, which requires immediate withdrawal of Ciprolet and the appointment of appropriate therapy. Treatment should be discontinued with the development of pain in the tendons or with the appearance of the first signs of tenosynovitis.
During the use of the drug in the form of tablets and a solution for infusion, a sufficient amount of fluid should be provided while observing normal diuresis.
Eye drops Ciprolet can be used only topically, it is impossible to inject the drug into the anterior chamber of the eye or subconjunctival. When using the drug and other ophthalmic solutions, the interval between their administrations should be at least 5 minutes. Wearing contact lenses is not recommended during therapy.
When using Tsiprolet, care must be taken when driving and performing other potentially dangerous types of work that require high attention and quick psychomotor reactions (especially in combination with alcohol).
In the case of the simultaneous use of Ciprolet with certain drugs, undesirable effects may occur:
- Didanosine: decreased absorption of ciprofloxacin,
- Theophylline: an increase in its concentration in blood plasma and the risk of developing a toxic effect,
- Antacids, as well as preparations containing zinc, aluminum, magnesium or iron ions: reduced absorption of ciprofloxacin (the interval between use with these drugs should be at least 4 hours),
- Anticoagulants: prolonged bleeding time,
- Cyclosporin: increased nephrotoxicity,
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (except acetylsalicylic acid): increased risk of seizures,
- Metoclopramide: accelerated absorption of ciprofloxacin,
- Uricosuric preparations: delayed elimination and increased plasma concentration of ciprofloxacin,
- Indirect anticoagulants: enhancing their action.
With the simultaneous use of Ciprolet with other antimicrobial drugs, a synergy of action is possible. Depending on the infection, Ciprolet can be used in combination with the following drugs:
- Azlocillin, ceftazidime: infections caused by Pseudomonas spp.,
- Meslocillin, azlocillin and other beta-lactam antibiotics: streptococcal infections,
- Isoxazolylpenicillins and vancomycin: staph infections,
- Metronidazole, clindamycin: anaerobic infections.
Ciprolet infusion solution is pharmaceutically incompatible with all drugs and infusion solutions that are physically and chemically unstable under acidic conditions (the pH of the ciprofloxacin infusion solution is 3.5–4.6). It is impossible to mix the solution for intravenous administration with solutions in which the pH is greater than 7.