For many years unsuccessfully struggling with DIABETES?
Head of the Institute: “You will be amazed how easy it is to cure diabetes by taking it every day.
Glycine in diabetes as a sedative antidepressant is used quite often. The drug is an interchangeable amino acid that affects the metabolism in brain tissue. Glycine is considered a completely harmless drug, since it does not accumulate in the tissues.
- Properties, general indications for the use of the drug
- The effect of glycine in diabetes
- Admission Rules
Properties, general indications for the use of the drug
Glycine is a central neurotransmitter of inhibitory type of action. In the process of excretion of the active substance, destruction occurs in the liver through glycine oxidase to carbon dioxide and water.
The main active ingredient is aminoacetic acid, which is instantly absorbed by the body and spreads to all organs. It has the following medicinal properties:
- sleep recovery and increased mental performance,
- calming the nervous system,
- strengthening protective barriers against stress,
- metabolic acceleration,
- neutralization of symptoms in cardiovascular diseases,
- slowing down the production of adrenaline, which increases blood pressure,
- elimination of aggressive irritability,
- general well-being,
- prevention of the effects of toxins on the body.
Glycine is used even with encephalopathy, as it has a detoxifying and neuroprotective effect.
Watch in our video the 10 most interesting facts about glycine that are proven by medicine:
Glycine is used for such pathologies and conditions:
- vegetovascular dystonia,
- ischemic stroke,
- brain injuries
- nervous overexcitation and overstrain,
- unstable sleep
- essential hypertension
- stressful situations
- decreased memory and concentration,
- increased aggression
- mood swings
Glycine is almost always prescribed for patients undergoing surgery, since the drug stabilizes the condition in the postoperative period.
The effect of glycine in diabetes
In diabetes mellitus, the main treatment is aimed at normalizing glycemic indices and restoring lipid metabolism. This therapy should be carried out quickly, because there is a risk of toxic and destructive effects on the circulatory and nervous systems, as well as cells in the pancreas. The reason for this is the high content of sugar and lipid substances. In order to protect internal organs, additional treatment is carried out with the help of Glycine, which is used for both the first and second type of diabetes.
Reasons why it is advisable to use Glycine for diabetics:
- Learning about the presence of diabetes mellitus, patients always experience shock, leading to stress, hyper excitability, depression. Glycine activates and normalizes the processes of inhibition, which leads to a decrease in nervous excitability and general stabilization of the patient’s nervous state.
- With diabetes, the patient is prescribed antidepressants and sedatives, which most often have a number of adverse reactions. With the help of Glycine, the risk of their manifestations is reduced.
- With damage to the nervous system, which occurs against the background of the disease, sleep is disturbed, therefore hypnotics are used. They, in turn, have a negative effect on the body of a diabetic. To prevent this from happening, the patient should take Glycine, as he restores sleep, and reduces side effects from sleeping pills.
- With diabetes, metabolism is always reduced, and absolutely in all internal systems. The drug regulates many metabolic processes, especially in the arteries of the brain.
- The neuroprotective effect of glycine prevents complications.
- Many diabetics consume alcohol-containing drinks, since it is alcohol that helps normalize the glycemic index. Of course, the reasons may be different, but with this disease, ethyl alcohol causes toxic poisoning, and Glycine is indicated for a hangover, as it removes all harmful deposits from the body.
In diabetes mellitus, you need to take Glycine, based on these rules:
- The tablet can be put under the tongue or crushed to a powdery state, and then drink it with a small amount of liquid (0.5 tbsp. L. Water).
- With memory impairment, impaired concentration of attention, as well as a decrease in working capacity against diabetes mellitus, the doctor may prescribe a dosage of 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. Therapy lasts 14-30 days.
- If sleep is disturbed or the nervous system is affected, then, starting from the age of three, it is allowed to take Glycine at most three times a day, 1 tablet. The duration of the course is 7-15 days, but it is possible to extend for another period. Children under 3 years of age are shown to take the drug in the initial stages of half a tablet three times a day. Further, the dosage is reduced to half the tablet 1 time per day. Therapy continues for another 7-10 days.
- If only diabetic sleep disturbance is present, then Glycine should be consumed only before bedtime, approximately 20-30 minutes before it. Depending on the course of the disease, the patient takes either a whole pill, or half of it.
- If serious abnormalities in the blood supply to the brain were found, the doctor will prescribe Glycine 2 tablets three times a day. The duration of treatment can be from 2 to 5 days. After this period, another 20-30 days, you need to take the drug in just 1 tablet.
- If intoxication caused by alcohol is noted, tablets are taken 1 piece three times a day. The duration of such therapy is 14-30 days.
The dosage and duration of the course of therapy is always determined solely by the attending doctor, since this depends on the level of glucose in the blood and the general course of the disease.
It is forbidden to use glycine in the following cases:
- low blood pressure - hypotension,
- pregnancy and lactation
- individual intolerance to one of the components of the drug.
So, Glycine is not only possible, but also extremely necessary to take in the presence of diabetes. But before starting treatment, be sure to consult your endocrinologist and find out if you have any contraindications. Do not overdose and strictly follow the doctor’s instructions.
Can glycine be taken for diabetes?
- Composition and form of release
- Why is glycine prescribed?
- Rules for the use of glycine in diabetes
- Tablet dosage
- Contraindications and adverse reactions
Glycine in diabetes, as well as drugs based on it, is an indispensable component of successful therapy, since the complex of effects it has is unique among other drugs. The regular addition of glycine to therapy, on the recommendation of a doctor, will have the most beneficial effect on the well-being of a diabetic.
Composition and form of release
First of all, glycine is an aminoacetic acid, which is an integral part of various proteins and biologically active compounds. Being a neurotransmitter acid, it is found in the structure of many parts of the brain and spinal cord, providing a calming effect on neurons and reducing their degree of excitement. This is the basis for the concept of using synthetic glycine.
The standard form of glycine release is tablets, the amount of which in the package varies depending on the manufacturer (in addition, they can be produced both in blisters and in containers). The main active ingredient is aminoacetic acid itself, supplemented with auxiliary substances in small doses: water-soluble methyl cellulose and magnesium stearate.
The dosage of the drug may also be different. There are blisters for 50 tablets with 100 mg of glycine and blisters for 30 tablets, but with a concentration of 250 or even 300 mg of glycine (such varieties get the prefix "forte" in the name).
Why is glycine prescribed?
Entering a close interaction with the nervous system, glycine primarily has a number of key effects on diabetes:
- sedative (sedative)
- mildly tranquilizing,
- weak antidepressant.
That is, the main indications for the appointment of tablets are such psycho-emotional states as a sense of fear and anxiety, tension and stress. In addition, the medicine can significantly reduce the side effects of various kinds of antipsychotics, antidepressants, sleeping pills and anticonvulsants, if a patient with diabetes takes them. The effectiveness of the substance is so great that it is even used in the fight against various harmful addictions, giving the person peace and relaxation. Not least, it is also important that, to some extent, glycine can even improve memory, associative processes and overall mental activity, being an active regulator of metabolism.
Welcome, dear readers of the site Diabetes. It is pleasant to realize that scientists all over the world are trying to alleviate the fate of all people suffering from sugar disease, and are constantly developing new drugs. Today we will talk about long-acting insulin with the beautiful name Lantus.
What is insulin lantus
More recently, most artificial hormones had an average duration of work in the body (approximately 12-16 hours), had a peculiar peak of action. Such a concept forced patients to adjust the life schedule to the characteristics of the drug’s behavior, plan food, exercise for certain hours.
Now the first analogue has appeared with a duration of exactly one day (24 hours). The main feature of insulin is the absence of an action peak, i.e. a complete imitation of natural basal secretion, which occurs with a healthy pancreas. The most important advantage - you need to enter only once a day! Thus, the number of long injections is halved!
The drug was developed by a well-known company from France, Sanofi-Aventis. The international name is insulin glargine. The first tests took place more than 10 years ago. Gradually, long-term effective control of glycemia attracted the attention of doctors from the UK and Germany. It was here that the first mass tests of the drug passed, the first ardent admirers of glargine appeared, who actively participated in experimental groups on the use of a new genetic engineering product. Moreover, each group of patients has found its undeniable advantages of using this modern tool to cure diabetes.
How to inject insulin Lantus Solostar
Currently, endocrinologists agree that Lantus is the future leader of the entire world market. After all, he became that rare medicine on which ideal compensation for type 1 diabetes and excellent therapy for type 2 diabetes became possible. The absence of a pronounced peak of action, slow absorption gives additional advantages in choosing a place for injection: you can prick in the thigh, stomach or buttocks, while the profile of action does not change!
Until now, there is no clear answer to the question: “is it possible to use this insulin in children”, since the corresponding tests have not been conducted. But kids over 6 years old can safely use the latest diabetes medicine. Moreover, compensation in children is achieved quite quickly, and the risk of hypoglycemia is minimized.
The technique of injecting insulin remains standard. In the absence of allergies, the drug is well tolerated. Doctors recommend keeping the injection time the same from day to day. But personal experience can push patients to change their usual patterns a little. So, some insulin-dependent patients divide the daily dose into 2 doses, put an injection of insulin twice a day. For convenience, there is a syringe pen Lantus, greatly simplifying the process of administering the hormone.
Like any medicine, the latest pharmaceutical product can cause unwanted reactions from the body. But, as practice shows, negative manifestations are quite rare and are associated more with an overdose of the drug.
Allergic reactions are predominantly local in nature and do not always require drug withdrawal. Sometimes it’s enough to pay attention to the injection technique (remember how to inject insulin correctly), or change the usual areas of punctures. Severe allergies require medical advice to prescribe a new insulin therapy regimen for diabetes.
Hypoglycemia is usually associated only with an overdose of the drug. Usually, specialists initially prescribe a slightly reduced dose of the hormone, gradually bringing the background to the desired level. In the first weeks of using Lantus, it is advisable to conduct regular self-monitoring, including measuring nightly blood sugar.
Patients with hepatic and / or renal failure can use this analogue of the human hormone, but it is worthwhile to prescribe such therapy with great care. At the moment, reliable mass studies in this group of patients have not been conducted, therefore, it cannot be argued that therapy is completely safe at the moment. A similar situation is observed in the treatment of gestational diabetes (diabetes of pregnant women). But patients with modi diabetes successfully correct glycemia with Lantus Solostar
How to store insulin
The shelf life of a new bottle is 2 years. A prerequisite for unopened packaging: maintaining the temperature from +4 to +8, i.e. supposed to be in the refrigerator.
The opened bottle of Lantus is stored for no more than 4 weeks (temperature conditions - up to +25 degrees). Manufacturers pay special attention to the shortened duration of the open ampoule. Unlike standard extended solutions, the solution is completely transparent. With the appearance of turbidity, sediment, flakes, a dull appearance, the drug must be replaced with a new one, since a change in appearance can be directly associated with the loss of the main medical properties!
Buy Lantus now is not difficult. The drug has a reasonable price and is sold in many pharmacies in our country. To select a new scheme for treating diabetes, you need to contact your doctor who will be able to decide on the advisability of changing the usual drugs.
The good results of many patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus or an insulin-dependent form prove that it is possible and necessary to try alternative options, so replacing the usual insulin can be an excellent solution.
Remember, any methods of therapy for endocrine pathologies can only be used after consultation with your doctor! Self-medication can be dangerous.
All patients with central nervous system problems need to take medication for diabetes. The drug is especially important to take with diabetes to normalize metabolic processes.
The active substance is one of the acids that can normalize the utilization of sugar in the body. This is an amino acid that is a building material for the production of protein.
A new strategy with the use of the drug contributes to the normalization and stabilization of glycemia, the achievement of adequate lipid metabolism figures. Such results can only be achieved through the integrated treatment of the disease.
The drug relieves irritability and emotional stress, it improves performance and improves metabolic processes in the brain. Treatment helps to normalize the glycemic index.
Pills also protect the patient with diabetes from toxic effects on the circulatory system and central nervous system when taking other medications.
The drug is recommended for any type of endocrine pathology.
Indications for use
A metabolic drug is considered one of the most popular used for the treatment of autonomic disorders. The scope of the drug is very wide.
Indications for use of the drug:
Innovation in diabetes - just drink every day.
- recovery period after a stroke due to blockage of cerebral vessels with a thrombus, which was formed as a result of diabetes,
- increasing the production of neuroprotective substances and preventing cerebrovascular degeneration,
- violation of the state of the cognitive system,
- prolonged stress and psycho-emotional stress,
- increased emotional irritability associated with problems at work, at home, in children (manifested by tearfulness, resentment, aggressiveness),
- impaired perception and memory.
These are complications resulting from diabetes mellitus. They are found in every fifth diabetic.
The drug has other indications. Glycine is prescribed to treat the effects of traumatic brain injuries, to facilitate falling asleep and to combat insomnia. Tablets do a good job with vegetovascular disorders that develop against the background of diabetic encephalopathy.
Glycine for type 1 diabetes
Used for the complex treatment of disciplinary encephalopathy in type 1 diabetes. This disease is manifested by impaired memory, asthenia, and vegetovascular dysfunction.
Doctors conducted a survey in which 112 patients took part. All patients were divided into 2 groups. The first took only basic medicines, the second was prescribed an additional Glycine 3 times a day for 0.1 g.
After comparing the neurological and neuropsychological status, performing an ultrasound scan and dopplerography of the vessels of the head, the doctors found that the second group showed the best dynamics.
Doctors concluded that the use of the drug in combination with basic therapy for diabetes mellitus against disciplinary encephalopathy inhibits neurotransmitters in all parts of the central nervous system.
Type 2 diabetes glycine
You can drink Glycine for type 2 diabetes. The medicine has no contraindications, with the exception of allergies, it calms the nervous system.
With a disease of type 2, patients often experience a feeling of anxiety, nervousness and internal stress for no apparent reason. Patients are locked in themselves, a depressive state, asthenia develops.
A person becomes irritable, self-esteem decreases and self-confidence disappears, appetite and sleep are disturbed. He cannot concentrate; interest in work and life in general is declining.
Therefore, glycine in type 2 diabetes mellitus is mandatory, but only if there are certain indications for the use of a medication.
Type 2 diabetes patients often have suicidal thoughts and intentions to commit suicide. This drug helps to cope with negative emotional experiences.
We offer a discount to readers of our site!
Instructions for use
Dosages are indicated in the instructions for use, however, the doctor may prescribe others, taking into account the level of glucose in the plasma and taking into account the general health of the patient.
How to take glycine for diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2:
- Memory impairment, decreased concentration of attention, emotional experiences. Such signs of endocrine pathology should be treated immediately, otherwise it will develop into serious problems with memory, nervousness and aggression. Take 1 pill 2-3 times a day. Treatment lasts from 14 days to 1 month.
- Changeable mood, damage to the central nervous system, accompanied by excitability. Adults with diabetes are prescribed 1 pill three times a day. The course is 2 weeks. If necessary, the doctor can extend the therapy for another 14 days.
- Insomnia and sleep disturbance lead to irritability, fatigue. With this diagnosis, patients with diabetes are advised to take 0.5 pills at bedtime. Sleep will improve, insomnia will pass. But do not wait for an instant positive result. The effect of taking Glycine will appear after 3-5 days.
- Impaired cerebral circulation is the result of a stroke. 2 tablets are prescribed for 5 days, then the dosage is reduced to 1 tablet per day and continue treatment until the end of the month.
The medicine is sold in tablets. It is not washed down with water or other drinks. The product is placed under the tongue, absorbed. Give children crushed medications.
Glycine does not pose a threat to the life and health of the patient in any concentration. An overdose of the drug does not appear in any way.
The active substance is rapidly excreted by the liver cells, does not last long in the body. It transforms to a state of water and carbon dioxide.
Along with the use of glycine, you need to change your lifestyle. It is necessary to abandon the irregular working day, switch to light work and alternate work with good rest.
In addition, it is important to increase physical activity and treat diabetes comprehensively, observing nutrition and attending medical procedures.
Diabetes always leads to fatal complications. Excessive blood sugar is extremely dangerous.
Aronova S.M. gave explanations about the treatment of diabetes. Read completely